We understand the huge negative impacts that the fashion + footwear industry can + does have on social and environmental wellbeing. We pride ourselves on not being a fast fashion company.
We work hard to reduce our carbon foot print + always aim to increase the sustainability of our production, products + packaging. We design all of our shoes with an eco- conscious mindset. We use re- useable, recyclable + biodegradable products, including poly free packaging to store + send our products in. Our business cards are recyclable, even our sticky tape is biodegradable + the courier company we use is also 100% carbon neutral.
There are no animal products used to produce our footwear!
Here are just some of the reasons why we choose to make our shoes from microfibre suedes, microfibre leathers and recyclable rubbers;
- Minimises animal cruelty
- Minimise land clearing to farm cattle (which are the primary source of genuine leather)
- Reduce the huge amounts of chemicals needed to alter the cow hides to a non- biodegradable state
- Less carbon emissions are produced in the making of synthetic leathers
- Water based fibres + glues are less harmful to human skin + are more environmentally supported
- Rubber soles are able to be completely remoulded and recycled
Our mates over in our international manufacturing companies are proudly SGS, BSCI and ISO 9001 certified. Basically meaning they're committed to improving working conditions in the global supply chain, as well as providing consistent quality products.
What can you do to help us + the environment?
In order to minimise the over production of footwear we encourage you to take part in the 'Sole Purpose Project', as you guys are the sole reason we can give back as often as we do!
We also suggest good care procedures to ensure the longevity of your shoes. Here's a few simple things you can do to pro-long the life of your shoes!
- Use a light waterproofing agent (microfibres are naturally more water resistant than genuine suedes)
- Avoid being exposed or submerged into water (we know they're kids - BUT we can try)
- If shoes become dirty or marked use a soft suede brush to remove any excess dirt
- Use a damp cloth to gently remove dirt marks
- Avoid leaving footwear in direct sunlight